A mattress protector is the most needed accessories you would always need for your mattress. There is always a confusion related to the mattress protector about why it is used and what is its job exactly? The thought of not using a mattress protector many times baffles the seller, for they exactly know that why is it used? You should have a clear understanding of its need.
Why is a mattress protector used?
A mattress protector actually accomplishes four vital aspects which are as follows:
- Firstly, a mattress protector helps to protect the warranty period provided by the seller and the brand. It extends the warranty period if you use it properly. A coffee stain has nothing to do with warranty but still, if your mattress gets a coffee stain in it you will face a difficult situation to remove it, as a coffee stain does not go off easily.
- Secondly, a mattress protector gives a feeling of a new look to the mattress by protecting it from different adverse situations. If you use a mattress protector then you can definitely save the mattress from getting worse in the condition which will ultimately keep the new look intact.
- Thirdly, a mattress protector keeps your mattress neat and tidy. It helps in maintaining the cleanliness of the mattress.
- Finally, a mattress protector is going to prevent the dust allergies from piling up by protecting your mattress from mites. The dust mites many times lead to sneezing and allergic problems, and if you have a mattress protector then all these issues can be overcome.
A mattress protector is always different from a mattress pad, as the latter adds up some level of padding and is not even waterproof in nature. Whereas, the former are thin quality and does not change the size and level of the mattress, and are waterproof too.
If you have chosen and bought the correct mattress then you no longer require an extra layer of padding in it, and simply go for a mattress protector for the mattress. If you want then you can use mattress toppers to cover up your mattress and then over it put on the protector.
Varieties of mattress protectors
- There are variations in mattress protectors’ option where from you can choose the one which satisfies your need. The best in quality comes up with a fabric performance on the top to wick away the moisture and heat from your body. These tend to be a bit more expensive, but are helpful for those who sweat a lot while sleeping.
- There is another category which is both breathable and waterproof in nature but does not have the performance fabric on the top. It is of moderate range and gives almost the equal function like the expensive ones.
- The cheapest protector for your mattress gives a feeling of plastic. These tend to be less breathable, for which they do not last for a longer duration. Henceforth, they are less expensive in price.
A mattress protector is must for a mattress, and the cheap mattress from Urban Ladder is a great solution for your problem. You can get a variety of options from where you can choose accordingly, and protect the mattress from getting worse in condition.