Teddy bears are one of the most endearing things on the planet. We are talking about Teddy, the soft toy. Most people enjoy the soothing sensation that a teddy provides. Therefore, so many people enjoy presenting and receiving the adorable teddy bears and flowers on important occasions.
Teddy bears are given as gifts for a variety of occasions, including birthdays and anniversaries. The lovely new teddy has made its place as a celebration during the romantic week of Valentine’s, September 9th, Teddy Bear Day.
if you’re looking for the perfect loveable friend for your child, girlfriend, or spouse, look at Alibaba’s online retail store. These wholesale teddy bears are available in a variety of colors that will certainly amuse both children and adults alike.
Teddy bears are an important item for children to cultivate their empathy feelings, and they make a great present. On Alibaba, you will find the softest teddy bears in bulk for your children or for giving purposes at an affordable price.
Since we are talking so much about teddy bears, then let’s learn some facts about this soft toy as well.
Facts about Teddy Bears
- Teddy bears were named after Teddy Roosevelt, who declined to shoot a cub while on a hunting trip in 1902.
- Margarete Steiff, a German toymaker, designed the main stuffed bear. When she took her cousin to the facility in 1903, she made a soft plush with moveable limbs and legs and a nice face.
- The phrase “teddy bear” first appeared in the Oxford English Dictionary in 1906.
- It wasn’t until 1954 that washable teddy bears became popular after the stuffing was changed to a nylon fill. They were previously filled with cloth, wool, and other difficult-to-scrub fillings.
- The world’s tiniest sewn teddy bear is as little as 0.29 inches in height. It was designed by Cheryl bryophyte, a South African who is known for her work.
- The world’s largest teddy bear was sewn in America. C.T.Dreams, which stands for Connect the Dreams, is a 55-foot-4 construct that was made in 2008, in Wichita, Kansas.
- Jackie Miley comes from Hill City, South Dakota has the world’s largest toy collection, with 8,026 teddy bears in 2012.
- After the Titanic sank in 1912, the German toymaker Steiff made 500 teddy bears commemorating the fallen. The “mourning bears” were black and had ringed eyes to show their sorrow, currently, they sell for $20,000 or more in auctions.
- An Arctophile is a person who is obsessed with or enjoys collecting teddy bears. The Greek words arctos (bear) and philos (loving/fond of) are combined in the word arctophile.
Buying Tips for Teddy Bears
- Check for the smoothness of the fabric all-around before you go shopping. The material should be soft from all sides because your child or better half will be hugging it closely.
- Choose common colors because they are the most cost-effective.
- Always choose a medium-sized toy because they are consistently the most affordable. Only purchase large-sized ones if you truly desire them.
- Only buy washable teddy bears, because the fabric attracts dirt which needs to be cleaned from time to time.
- It’s always better to do online buying because you’ll have more options.
- It’s ideal to choose soft toys that are double-sided stitched.
Since you have your own choice and preferences, look online for varieties. Online you also get decent discounts, and it is easy to compare two-three brands together.